Schoology API Overview
Campus Café offers an API to the learning management system Schoology. Customers must establish a separate contract with Schoology.
The API supports the following sync functions:
- When a student is enrolled (registered) in a course in Campus Café, the API automatically pushes the enrollment to Schoology. When a student is dropped from a course in Campus Café, the API prompts Canvas to unenroll the student in Schoology. Registration actions flow only from Campus Cafe to Schoology. A registration change made in Schoology will not update Campus Cafe.
- If a student is registered for a course in Campus Cafe and the course section does not exist in Schoology, the API will create the course section. If the Schoology course does not exist, the API will create the course as well. The API does not support multiple Schoology course sections under the same Schoology course.
- Changes made to course titles in Campus Cafe will be applied to the Schoology course.
- The API will create a Schoology user for a student who is registered for a class and does not already have a Schoology account. The API will also create a Schoology user for an instructor of a course who does not already have a Schoology account.
- The API will apply changes to student/instructor names and email addresses that occur in Campus Cafe to the corresponding user's name and email in Schoology