This type is It is represented as a blank in the Type Column on the billing rules amounts panel. The General type is used for flat rate tuition and fees. Fees included on individual courses are not billed using a general fee type. However, it is used in conjunction with the C or Course handler when tuition is to be charged as well as a course fee. This handler also does not support Sponsor Billing.
The following is supported by the general fee handler:
- Supports up to in excess of billing (treats min credit as a threshold upTo or ExcessOf). This is used for extra credit charges and charges that only apply to specific number of credits.
- Supports partial refunds for per credit process type.
- Supports by enrollment billing (one charge per enrollment)
- Is used for tuition if course fees are to be charged as well as tuition
This type does NOT support by enrollment Min/Max filtering at this time
The Tuition Handler (Type=T) is used for tuition charges that originate within the course fee screen as course fees (Type C), OR a tuition amount from the billing rules. The tuition handler (Type T) is only used if a course has an associated course fee that will be charged. If it does not, the per credit tuition will be charged. If flat fee is flagged with a type T, it will not be charged.
The following rules apply to the tuition handler:
- Supports by Enrollment billing (one charge per enrollment)
- Supports up to in excess of billing (treats min credit as a threshold upTo or ExcessOf)
- Supports process type 2 or per credit (summarized credit * charge amt totaled by transaction codes)
- Supports process type 1 or per course (summarized course total * charge amount totaled by transaction code)
- Supports sponsor billing for non-lab fees by enrollment.
Does not support process Type flat fee (proc equal blank). Use General Fee Handler for flat fees.
Cannot be used in conjunction with the Course Fee Handler since you cannot charge a course fee or tuition and a course fee. If a course fee should be charged separate from tuition, use a general fee handler for tuition and a course fee handler for course fees.
The course handler (Type C) is used in order to charge tuition and a course fee (Type C in RGCFEE). The user can specify a type C handler with no amount and select by enrollment and a tuition amount in a General Fee Handler and the student will be charged both fees. The billing rules does not support having both a tuition handler and a Course Fee handler in the same billing rules.
Lab fees, if charged separately, require a lab fee handler with a 0 amount, by enrollment checked. The use of a lab fee handler provides greater flexibility in determining which students are charged a lab fee as the min/max overall credits as well as all other charge determining flags filtering can be applied.
- Looks at enrollments' course lab fees and bills them.
- Supports partial refunds of course lab fees.
- Does not support upToExcessOf billing
- Supports only by enrollment billing (one charge per enrollment)
- Does not support per credit/per course billing of lab fees
A lab fee for a course may also be overridden and summarized in the billing code for the course's enrollment instead of a separate lab fee charge.
The Audit Handler (Type=A) is used to bill courses taken as an Audit. An audit course is a course that has a final grade which is flagged as an audit grade on the quality point maintenance screen. The transaction code associated with the audit handler must not be the same as the one associated with flat rate/per course/by enrollment tuition. Audits will not count towards billing of other fees outlined in the billing rules. Billing of audits can be turned off by setting custom control BI050B-2-3 to ‘N’. If this parameter is set to ‘N’, courses with an audit grade will be billed the same as other enrollments.
Looks only at enrollments using an RGQPTS flagged as an audit grade and bills them.
- Supports partial refunds.
- Supports byEnrollment billing(one bimbat per enrollment)
- Supports processType perCredit(summarized credit * charge amt total by billCodes)
- Supports processType perCourse(summarized course total * charge amt total by billCodes)
Does not support
- Sponsor billing.
- processType flat fee(""). Use GeneralFeeHandler instead.
The insurance handler (Type I) must be used in order to automatically reverse insurance charges for students who waive insurance and retain charges for students who have requested insurance. In addition to having the insurance properly coded with the Insurance handler, Custom Control (MSPARM) BI050A, Sequence 3, parms 2,3,4 have to be filled out for the billing rules to identify transaction codes used for domestic/international insurance charges and the health insurance code which indicates a waiver. Parameters 6 activates and parameter 7 identifies requested health insurance code for students who have indicated they would like to receive health insurance.
- Looks at enrollments only part as min/max credits filter.
- Has specialized Insurance Charge Validator
- check if Student requests insurance despite failing min credit filter.
- Loads Health Insurance Custom Controls/MSPARMS (BIO50B-Sequence 3)
- Supports insurance waivers to prevent billing.
- Does not support partial refunds.
- Does not support by Enrollment billing (one billing record per enrollment)
- Does not support a per credit process type (summarized credit * charge amt total by bill code)
- Does not support a per course process type (summarized course count * charge amt total by transaction code
- Supports flat fee (blank) process type (student is charged the flat amount).
- Cafe Billing rules Amount Panel has validation for Insurance Fees.
The tuition insurance handler (Type TI) is used in order to automatically reverse tuition insurance charges for students who waive insurance and retain charges for students who have requested insurance. If The Tuition Insurance Code in the session data record for the billing semester is ‘W’ (waived), tuition insurance will either not be billed or automatically be reversed the next time the billing rules is run. If The Tuition Insurance Code is ‘R’ (requested), the charge will be charged and not reversed regardless of the charge filters (unless student is not registered for the semester). To bill students who have requested insurance and are not enrolled, set Custom Control MSPARM TUIT_INSUR, sequence 1, parameter 1 to ‘Y’
Not in use.