About Sign-up Forms
A sign-up form allows an individual to register for a class without logging in to Campus Café or having a pre-existing account. The form processes an admissions application for the individual, creates a degree row for the individual and registers the individual for the specific course.
- The course must be created in the course catalog and scheduled to a specific semester
- To display the charge for the class, a billing rule must be configured that applies to the class
- Authorize.net or PayPal must be configured to as a payment processor if the institution wishes to accept payment via the form
Create Sign-up Form
Create an admissions application through the admissions portal configuration page. Refer to admissions portal documentation.
The following items must be configured to indicate the form is a sign-up form.
- Mode must be application
- Login Automatically and Bring to Payment Page (App Mode Only)? must be checked
- The Group Assigned to User Record must be specified (This represents the permission group the individual who completes the form will be placed in)
- The Major determines the degree row that the system will create if the individual is new to the system
Configure Default Sign-Up Form
Institutions may choose to allow registration for any course using a default sign up form.
After creating an admissions portal, set it as the default sign-up form:
- Navigate to Admin > Custom Control Maintenance
- Locate ProgramId CRSPORTFRM, Sequence 1, Parameter 1
- Click the pencil icon next to ProgramId CRSPORTFRM, Sequence 1, Parameter 1
- In the Parameter Value 1 box enter the name of the admissions portal
- Click Save
Connect a Specific Form to a Specific Course
Institutions can create different forms for different classes.
After creating the admissions portal, connect it to the specific class:
- Navigate to the course
- On the Course tab under Related Functions in the Sign Up Now Form dropdown choose the form
- Click Save
Link to Form
The link to the form is not presented in the system but can be constructed based on information about the admissions portal form and the course. The link follows the below convention. Replace the <> with the relevant information.
For example, if school ABC is using the form called RegisterNow to enroll students in ENG101, Section 9 during semester 202130 then the link would be:
If AD100 1-3 Is set to create a Student and Degree record at the "A" acceptance progress code; then you must include the Application Type(s) of your Sign Up Now Form on AD100 1-7 and 1-8 to create the Student and Degree records regardless of the Progress code setting
Person Record Creation
- If the individual does not exist in Campus Café, a person record will be created as well as application data with the admissions progress code set to applied. The student will have a degree row applied with the major configured on the admissions portal and be registered for the class. The induvial is registered regardless of if the app fee (cost of the class) is paid.
- If an individual already exists in Campus Café, the sign-up form will append the registration to the individual’s existing record. The existing admissions application, admissions data and degree row will remain in place. The individual is registered for the class regardless of if the app fee (cost of the class) is paid.
- Students filling out the form will be automatically marked as 'NP' for "Not Paid". If MSPARM SIGNUPNOW 1:7 is configured with 'NP', students filling out the Sign Up Now form will not be enrolled until payment is submitted.
- Students who fill out the form when the course seat limit has been reached will not be prompted to submit payment, and will be placed on the course waitlist (if configured). Enrollment, as spaces become available, will need to be administratively completed by navigating to the waitlisted student's enrollment history page, clicking the edit icon for the course, editing the Financial Code to something other than a value defined in SIGNUPNOW 1:7, and removing the waitlist check.
Class Enrollment (Registration)
- Sign-up forms do not respect the registration dates set in Registration Control. A registration through a sign-up form will always be processed regardless of date.
- If the class is full, the individual will be presented with a message the class is full and placed on the waitlist.
Finder Search Field
The student finder search field "Financial Code" can be used to find users based on the financial code value, allowing identification of unpaid registrants who utilized the "Sign Up Now" form.